Company Name: Davey Tree Expert Company
Employment Type: Intern
Job Type: Full Time
The Davey Tree Surgery Company is seeking Utility Arborist Work Planners for a major utility client in Northern California. Davey Tree Surgery’s over 1000 employees provide utility line clearance & vegetation management to clients in the Western United States. This role is ideal for an arborist or urban forester seeking experience in the project management side of utility forestry.
The Utility Arborist Work Planner schedules all aspects of work for utility tree crews. The position is responsible for administrative aspects of project management including: customer contact, data collection, production reporting, and work audits associated with utility line clearance operations. Work Planners work directly with General Foreman, managers, crews, and clients. Success in this role depends directly on the arborists’ ability to plan & communicate expectations for employees and clients.
Job Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Inspect pruning & removal work requests, identify and update for accuracy
- Obtain authorization of property owners for work access
- Coordinate with General Foreman to route and dispatch tree crews for efficient work flow
- Communicate expectations and provide customer service to property owners
- Obtain permits and communicate work specifications with city foresters or other representatives
- Audit completed work requests and report finding to General Foreman
A Successful Applicant will have:
- Preferred: Experience in Tree Care, Urban Forestry, Utility Vegetation Management or related.
- Preferred: Valid Driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Preferred: Prior experience routing & dispatching teams
- Knowledge of common Northern California street trees.
- ISA Certified Arborist or ability to obtain. ISA Utility Specialist is desirable
- Willingness to relocate and/or travel within Bay Area
- Bilingual in Spanish & English a plus
The Davey Tree Surgery Company is a subsidiary of The Davey Tree Expert Company and provides a full range of utility tree care services and is based in Livermore, Calif. Davey Tree has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.