Additional Locations: Not Applicable
Primary Locations: OH, Kent, 295 S. Water Street, 3rd Floor, 44240
Requisition ID: 172738
Davey Resource Group is seeking an entry-level water resource engineer to join our Kent, Ohio Office. The ideal candidate will share our passion for the ecological restoration of floodplains, streams, wetlands, and riparian habitats. Projects will include green infrastructure design, ecosystem restoration, resiliency planning, dam removal, and wetland/stream restoration design.
Primary duties will include:
- Planning, executing, and delivering engineering designs for the project types listed above.
- Development of hydrologic and hydraulic models to support water infrastructure, environmental, and resiliency projects.
- Perform GIS and AutoCad analyses to support engineering and technical services.
- Participate in fieldwork and the preparation of environmental permit applications/reports.
- Write reports and permit applications documenting findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Support proposals, initiatives, and strategic key client accounts.
- Attend project meetings involving communication with clients as well as federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Water Resources, or Environmental Engineering from an ABET-accredited college or university.
- 0-5 years of full-time professional engineering work experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification
- Valid US driver’s license.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in civil engineering, stormwater design, hydrology, hydraulics, ecosystem restoration, and/or mitigation.
- Knowledge of stream ecology, biology, and geomorphology
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS and ArcGIS.
- Must function independently in a team setting.
- Ability to perform field work/site visits required and some travel required. Qualifications
- A flexible working style and the ability to work independently and with teams of specialists to meet client and project needs
- Rosgen or equivalent natural channel design
What We Offer:*
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match.
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options.
- Group Health Plan.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend.
- Locations throughout the United States in major cities and desirable areas.
- Career Development Program supported by industry expert safety specialists and skilled trainers.
- The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees.
- Charitable matching gift program.
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is a leader in the natural resource, environmental, and forestry consulting industries throughout the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%