Company Name: Davey Tree Expert Company
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
- Follow all safety rules and regulations of the Davey Tree Surgery Company.
- Safe use, maintenance and operation of equipment (trucks, power tools, brushes, materials, etc.)
- Complete an operation within the shortest time possible and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Develop and motivate crewmembers to inspire productivity and pride.
- Accurately complete required paperwork (time reports, etc.).
- Promptly attend to customer needs and concerns.
- Drive, operate and maintain assigned equipment in an efficient and economical manner.
- Provide quality customer service
- Ensure proper work site cleanup.
- Use protective equipment as required by the Davey Tree Surgery Company.
- Coordinate activities of workers engaged in subject pole clearing and applying of herbicides according to contract specifications.
- Perform all other duties as required.
B. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Communicate by speaking clearly and distinctively when giving instructions and listening to comments.
- Attend and complete a first aid and CPR course acceptable to Davey’s Safety Department and maintain a first aid and CPR card.
- Understand and practice preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
- If handling protected materials, must be Davey certified and if required, must have the ability to pass state license in handling these materials.
- Operate standard truck, pole clearing tools and other equipment.
- Read and understand and follow contract specifications, general and specific conditions; operation data; contract circuit maps and diagrams; relevant manuals and materials; ability to communicate clearly in writing.
- Understand and enforce all safety rules and procedures from the Davey Safety Manual and be responsible for crews’ safety.
- Train new employees successfully.
- Conduct safety meetings.
- Ability to react in an emergency situation.
- Maintain a professional appearance representing the Davey Company.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic computations–judge distances, judge proper relative weights, etc.
- Learn to identify subject poles and non-subject poles.
- Must learn to use, maintain and download information contained in handheld computer as described in contract specifications.
- Ability to organize the work of crew for maximum productivity.
C. EDUCATION/TRAINING/EXPERIENCE/LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma preferred.
- Have a minimum of one year experience in pole clearing labor with the Davey Company or equivalent experience performing the same work.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- First aid, CPR and defensive driving courses are required.
- On-the-job training from lower classification.
D MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Exerting up to 100lbs of force occasionally and up to 50lbs. Of force frequently, and up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Stand and walk in and around work site.
- Occasionally bend knees and kneel to pick up supplies and equipment for work site.
- See and judge the distances of objects.
- Reach (i.e.: extending arms, hands and fingers), handle (i.e.: holding and grasping tools, etc.) and twist.
- Balance (using gas-powered tools), pull and push (i.e.: rakes and hoes).
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to perform the desired tasks in the presence of distractions or work frustrations.
- Ability to communicate by reading relevant manuals and materials, speaking clearly, distinctly when giving instructions and listening to comments. Communicating effectively is required from moderate distances and while equipment is running.
- Ability to learn and understand contract data collection software program and the handheld computer supplied for contract data gathering and work distribution.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic computations.
The Davey Tree Surgery Company is a subsidiary of The Davey Tree Expert Company and provides a full range of utility tree care services and is based in Livermore, Calif. Davey Tree has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at email@example.com.