Additional Locations: 31 Miles Ave. Los Gatos, CA 95030
Primary Locations: CA, San Jose, 1055 Commerical Street, 95112
Requisition ID: 161952
What You’ll Do:
- Will be responsible for the inspection of line clearance crews for OSHA and safety compliance with ANSI Z133 standards
- Assist climbers, forepersons and other crew members who perform all aspects of tree pruning and removal services safely and skillfully for major electric utility providers
- Properly maintain, prepare and operate all tools and equipment including, chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts and more
- Observe line clearance crews for safe and at risk behaviors to increase safe operations.
- Lead the way in safety culture and standards for the vegetation management program.
- Participate safety calls and discussions with the DRG and utility teams on a weekly or as needed basis.
- Assist during major storms or other related duties as assigned.
- Successfully contribute to all aspects of vegetation management planning and analysis, when assigned.
- Utilize innovative technology and practices to help major electric utility providers deliver safe and reliable power.
- Collect data and document work using hand-held computers; assess terrain, habitat, and environmental conditions, and support IVM projects.
What We’re Seeking:
- Love of the outdoors
- Required: Familiarity with ANZI Z133 standards
- Required: obtain a CTSP, ISA Certified Arborist®, ISA Certified Tree Worker®, and/or TCIA Certified Tree Care Safety Professional® within a year
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree Trimmer Orientation Program upon hire
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Required: valid driver’s license
- Preferred: Commercial Driver’s License-Class A or B with Airbrake Endorsement
- Preferred: line clearance experience or other related tree work
- Preferred: relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates, if required by state law
Benefits We Offer:
- Full time position (compensation based on qualifications and experience)
- Excellent benefits offered
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Paid time off | Vacation, Holiday Pay, Sick leave
- 401K retirement plan, the opportunity to buy Davey stock at a discount after 1 year
- All gear, uniforms & PPE provided
- Industry related training and special Davey training courses offered
- Reimbursement is available for industry related certifications
- Management mentoring programs available
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Surgery Company is a subsidiary of The Davey Tree Expert Company and provides a full range of utility tree care services and is based in Livermore, Calif. Davey Tree has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%