Requisition Number: 103551
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1RES – Kent-Residential & Commercial Services
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: 1 – 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Tree Trimmer/Ground Worker
The Davey Tree Expert Company is seeking a CDL Driver/Ground Worker to join our Residential/Commercial Tree Care team in Cincinnati, OH. Those with prior experience in Forestry, Landscape, Lawn Care, Construction or working at height are encouraged to apply. Experience in related fields of work (concrete, construction, electrical, landscaping) or outdoor work experience (lawn care, yard care, mowing, gardener, weed control, maintenance) is desirable.
Trainees will work directly with the crew leaders to learn all aspects of Arboricultural operations. After familiarization with ground duties such as job-site setup, chipping, and chainsaw operation, Trainees will learn skills necessary for pruning trees to ANSI A300 guidelines. Trainees will progress through Davey’s Career Development Program as they learn to utilize ropes for climbing and working in trees.
- Function as a member of a tree crew while progressively learning new skills
- Make satisfactory progress in Davey’s Career Development Program
- Operate chainsaws, chippers, stump grinders, and other equipment as needed on job-sites
- Utilize ropes for work positioning at heights up to 60 feet, while pruning or removing trees
- Maintain issued personal gear, crew gear, and equipment
- Learn tree Identification and ANSI A300 Pruning guidelines
- Background in Forestry, Urban Forestry, Landscaping, or working at heights
- Demonstrated ability to report for work regularly and punctually
- Valid Driver’s License, Commercial Driver’s License highly valuable
- Willingness to work outdoors during a variety of weather conditions
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
BENEFITS / WE OFFER:
- Full time hourly position (compensation based on qualifications and experience)
- Potential for overtime
- Professional Development & growth opportunities
- Generous performance incentive plan
- Excellent benefits offered
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401K retirement plan, the opportunity to buy Davey stock after 1 year
- Employee referral bonus program
- All gear and PPE provided
- Industry related training and special Davey training courses
- Internships and management mentoring program
- Work in Northeast Ohio
Full time hourly position and compensation based on qualifications and experience. Davey offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, advancement opportunities and option to buy Company stock after 1 year of employment, plus access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
Pre-employment Drug Screen, E-verify/Social Security Number Verification and Criminal Background Check are required.
The Davey Tree Expert Company and Davey Tree Surgery are Equal Opportunity Employers. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
- If you need assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.