Looking for a place where you can thrive?
SavATree’s mission is to take our passion for nature and keep this country’s outdoors beautiful and flourishing. Through our comprehensive tree, shrub, and lawn care we work hard to make sure our discerning customers have attractive, healthy and cared-for green spaces to enjoy. Over the last thirty years, we have opened new offices across the country, and we are looking for people who want to grow with us.
The District GTC Skills & Safety Trainer builds GTC capacity and achieves specific outcomes in the areas of safety, quality, and productivity, primarily in the specified region. The role is responsible for propelling individual growth and development of general tree care field staff with identification of core skills, training, and facilitation of the same, confidence building, and assessment of capabilities. The expert role model helps create and promote a safe and positive work environment for General Tree Care resulting in consistent excellent customer satisfactions and full team member engagement. The District GTC Skills & Safety Trainer works closely with branch leaders to ensure activities align with business objectives. The role is an advocate for the green industry representing the SavATree brand and proactively networking and recruiting through local and national organizations to identify and hire future talent.
What a day is like:
- Conduct General Tree Care (GTC) Training at branch locations by working side by side with crews.
- Conduct and Train activities in person or virtually through calls or webinars teaching the art and science of tree maintenance and pruning.
- Confirm overall quality of work provided for clients in variety of residential and commercial settings meets or exceeds expectations through job quality audits. Communicate and teach company Standard Word processes and audit for compliance.
- Verify required skills and competencies are demonstrated by GTC team members.
- Audit SDAP completions measuring success of advancement to additional levels within timeframes established by the business.
- Track 30-60-90-day new hire training activities to validate all branches are at 80% compliance or greater.
- Conduct equipment specific training and certify operators.
- Maximize productivity by sharing knowledge on best work practices.
- Proactively train new managers or promoted individuals regarding day-to-day operations and operations managers in GTC.
- Deliver outside training services ensuring effective and timely content is provided.
- Partner with Human Resources to create or modify training materials and resources.
- Reinforce continuous improvement evaluating success of training methodology with post training review and productivity tracking.
- Review branch NPS (National Promoter) scores for GTC and provide appropriate training and guidance to improve.
- Improve overall crew productivity and efficacy starting with job site set up through clean up and departure.
- Champion branch safety meetings and monthly Safety Conference Call
- Set brand standard with SavATree brand representation, uniforms, vehicles, tools, equipment, PPE and appropriate safety gear.
- Work with company safety leaders to identify critical procedures and convey why protocols are in place.
- Interact daily with branches based on training and development needs and integration status.
- Supervise large project and storm operations effort as needed by crew, arborist or branch managers.
- Confirm SavATree EHAP certifications for each branch at all times.
- Provide input regarding safety, equipment, gear or other team member work environment protection.
What kind of person are we looking for? Someone with:
- High school diploma or equivalent required and additional education is a plus.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a lead or training role in General Tree Care.
- Outstanding communicator – both verbal and written, as well as in groups.
- Ability to train and teach in a clear, concise manner demonstrating patience and ability to motivate team members to achieve high levels of performance.
- Influential personality, with natural ability to “sell the SavATree story”.
- Great can-do attitude and willingness to coach others and be coached.
- Demonstrate respectful approach interacting at all levels within the organization answering questions and sharing knowledge along with innovative ideas to meet changing needs of training.
- General Tree Care production expertise and willing to learn Plant Health Care and Lawn Care production.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office and ability to build training presentations.
- Arborist certification preferred
- TCIA Certified Tree Care Safety Professional preferred
- CDL preferred
Why you might love working here:
- We have lots of training and development opportunities and support continuing education in the industry
- Our Tree Care Team works alongside some of the best trained and equipped teams in the industry, with an emphasis on quality and safety
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including health and dental, paid time off, 401(K) Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Plan, Equipment Account
Interested in taking your career to another location? We have several openings at other SavATree locations across the United States, and we offer relocation assistance in most cases. Just ask us for further details.
SavATree is an equal opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace