Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the nation’s largest distributor of nursery, irrigation, outdoor lighting, landscape supplies, fertilizers, turf protection products, grass seed, turf care equipment, and golf course accessories. We are in the process of transforming our Transportation Team, including:
- Transitioning Supplier managed freight to SiteOne managed freight for a large number of Suppliers;
- Implementing dedicated fleets and onboarding asset-based carriers;
- Efficiently managing freight through diligent carrier management;
- and providing a high level of freight support to over 550+ branch locations SiteOne’s 550+ branches covering 45 U.S. states and 6 Canadian provinces.
We are looking to hire a Transportation Coordinator to support this transformation and provide exceptional service to our Branches.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide company wide support for transportation planning and carrier management activities across all modes (Parcel, LTL, Truckload, Intermodal)
- Investigate, resolve, and follow-up on Branch needs related to carrier performance
- Work with Branches, Category, Buyers, and Sales regarding freight quotes and general transportation needs
- Partner with internal and external resources to better define shipping processes and procedures
- Identify and present opportunities to improve service levels and drive down cost
- Run daily transportation reporting, monitor exceptions, and provide operational support
- Manage third-party invoice payment process, monitor for exceptions, and auditing
- Support freight needs and rate quote requests for Category, Buyers, Area and Regional Leadership, and Branches
- Monitor cross-border shipments and manage relationship with SiteOne’s Customs Broker
- Track and trace cross-border, international, HI, and domestic shipments
- Assist in freight conversion for inbound suppliers
- Vet, qualify, and onboard new carriers
- Assist with transportation bids
- Utilize a Transportation Management System (TMS) to manage shipments
- The Transportation Coordinator will report to the Transportation Operations Manager and will be based out of Roswell, GA
Skills We Are Seeking
- 4-year degree or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years’ experience in transportation planner or similar role as part of a retail or wholesale operation
- Experience with SaaS based TMS solutions a plus (BluJay)
- A track record of providing superior customer service and exceeding expectations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the green distribution, irrigation, nursery, or landscape industry is a plus
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for Advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.