Additional Locations: South Interior BC
Primary Locations: British Columbia, Vancouver, 1541 West 75th Avenue, V6P 6Z7
Requisition ID: 167289
Directly reporting the Crew Foreman, the Flagger will be responsible for safely controlling the flow of traffic around various work sites.
- Directing the flow of traffic around active worksites using a variety of tools including signs and 2-way radios.
- Following the traffic control plan as written and communicated by the Site Supervisor or Crew Foreperson.
- Communicating with Site Supervisors and other Flagger’s to ensure traffic is flowing efficiently and with as minimal disruption as possible.
- Interacting with pedestrians and motorists, as needed.
- Working at multiple locations and under a variety of weather conditions.
- Other duties, as required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work as a part of a team.
- Previous experience as a Flagger considered an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A safety conscious demeanor and willingness to adhere to company safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- A valid driver’s license with the ability to travel to multiple sites.
- Full time. Year-round employment.
- Occasional overtime required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent Benefits package, RRSP and careers advancement opportunities.
- Employee owned company with stock purchase available after 1 year of service.
- Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Davey provides ongoing training.
Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited has been performing tree care and vegetation management services across Canada since 1930. With over 850 employees, we continuously pride ourselves on unmatched quality and safety. Davey Tree has numerous crews that are professionally trained to provide tree trimming and removal services to ensure the scope of this contracted work is completed safely, and well before any deadlines. Our relatable experiences and industries serviced include notably Utilities, Municipalities, Government, Rail, Commercial and Residential.
We provide utilities, rail and road transport with safe and efficient right of way clearance services. Clients rely on us for timely resource mobilization during severe weather events and proactive planning services, such as system hardening and storm restorations.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, provincial law.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.