Additional Locations: n/a
Primary Locations: VA, Gainesville, 5300 Wellington Branch Drive, Suite 100, 20155, VA, Mechanicsville, 8525 Bell Creek Road, 23116, VA, Richmond, 717 N. Courthouse Road Suite 101, 23236, VA, Virginia Beach, 1008 Old Virginia Beach Rd Suite 200, 23451
Requisition ID: 161025
Wetland Studies and Solutions, Inc., a Davey company, is seeking Archeological Field Technicians for immediate temporary, project-based, full-time employment.
- Participating in archeological survey, excavations and laboratory work under the direction of staff archeologists
- Artifact identification and processing
- Preparing accurate field notes and documentation
- Interpretation of soil strata, preparation of field maps depicting the locations of excavations, site/feature boundaries, historic standing structures, and other notable features within the project area
- A Bachelor’s degree in Archeology or a closely related field and successful completion of an archeological field school or at least three months of field experience
- Willingness to travel (per diem and lodging will be provided on projects more than approximately 90 miles from the office)
- Physical ability to conduct archeological surveys in a variety of settings including urban and rural areas
- Physical ability to safely lift 50 pounds
- Physical ability to walk to and within project sites over a variety of different terrains in all kinds of weather and standing or walking for long periods of time
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee-owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on exchanging ideas, community partnership, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
Wetland Studies and Solutions, Inc., a Davey company, provides a full range of natural and cultural resource consulting services and is based in Gainesville, Va. The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 100%