Additional Locations: Not Applicable
Primary Locations: VT, Woodstock, 1241 Pomfret Road, 5091
Requisition ID: 166778
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchanging of ideas, community partnerships, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Landscaper to our passionate team of tree care professionals. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
What You’ll Do:
- Cultivate your green career with us!
- Properly plant, trim, mow, weed, mulch, and so much more.
- Diagnose insect, disease, and cultural/environmental turf and shrub conditions.
- Maintain open communication with management and clients to provide feedback on landscape needs.
- Drive, use, maintain and properly operate equipment.
What We’re Looking For:
- Love of the outdoors
- Preferred: Background in Forestry, Horticulture, or Landscaping
- Preferred: Turf, Weed, Tree and shrub ID, Pathology, and knowledge of turf or tree physiology
- Ability to complete the Davey Landscape career development books upon hire
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Preferred: Relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates, if required by state law
What We Offer: *
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
- Charitable matching gift program
*all listed benefits available to eligible employees
Chippers Inc., a Davey Company, was founded in 1986 in Woodstock, VT and currently provides tree, land and forest care services in Woodstock, VT, Meredith, NH and Enfield, NH that also include garden maintenance, installation and Interiorscapes and a maple sugaring operation. Chippers is all about your life outside.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%