Summary: Sells horticultural products and supplies to wholesale/retail and residential businesses from sales office, store showroom, home office, or customer¡¦s place of business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.- —Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers.
- Talks with vendors and/or customers by telephone or in showroom to answer questions.
- Displays or demonstrates product using sample or catalog.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer.
- Prepares reports of business transactions, customers concerns.
- Completes and submits travel expenses for reimbursement on a biweekly basis.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Uses discretion when selling to customers ensuring creditworthiness.
- Notifies collectors, supervisor and owners of customer status. i.e. Good season, out of business or other facts pertinent to collection activities.
- Acts as liaison between customer and collectors to bring past due accounts up-to-date.
- Enter orders via computer system.
- Attends sales meetings.
- May be required to make deliveries to customer.
- Must hold all internal Griffin information and communications confidential, unless otherwise instructed.
2 + Years as an Outside Sales Rep in the Horticultural Industry or 4+ Years as a Grower with sales potential.
We seek the industry's best and brightest talent to join our Altogether. Better. team. Griffin offers a collaborative work environment and a competitive salary and benefits package including 401k/profit sharing retirement plan, paid vacation and holidays, and more.
Griffin is ADA/EOE and E-verify compliant