Position: Regional Sales Representative, Bio-Stimulant Fertilizer, Georgia
Location: Headquarters/Manufacturing Facility, Greensboro, Georgia
We are looking for a motivated self-starter to join our growing organization to be a Regional Sales Representative located in our headquarters/manufacturing facility.
Greene County Fertilizer Company and Bio Green USA, manufacturers and suppliers of bio-based fertilizers and specialty fertility products have an entry to mid-level opportunity for a Regional Sales Representative. If you have the required experience or education in the turf grass management or landscape service industries, this may be the perfect opportunity for you to build a rewarding career in sales.
As a Regional Sales Representative Account Manager you will be responsible for new customer acquisition, and account management to include product technical support, field technical support and possible customer application training. You will work closely with senior management and team onsite. The position will report to the Vice President/COO. Must be able to establish business-based relationship with key customers; strive to meet customer needs by creating solutions while maintaining a customer focus.
The ideal candidate is an individual with experience in the lawn service industry with a passion for solving and preventing lawn, tree and shrub problems from the perspective of sustainable fertility. Our approach to problem solving and product recommendations is through the filter of “what is this problem telling us about the soil and its’ ability to support plant life.”
As a fertilizer manufacturer we are distinguished from our competitors by our high performance fertility products, our excellence in customer service, in-house field technical support, a sustainable fertility first perspective, and we consider people our greatest asset. Our approach is to pay it forward and find solutions beneficial to our customers, community and our companies. We are looking for values of integrity, customer focus, strong work ethic, innovation, and perseverance.
Overview: The Regional Sales Representative is responsible for the sales activities of our products within the assigned territory. A customer facing position that builds and maintains positive relationships with green industry service companies that result in developing new business potential while focusing on retention of current business, this will be done by frequent sales calls to develop relationships, learn customer needs and offer the correct solutions in a timely manner. Using a consultative sales approach, the representative must be able to build relationships and uncover business, while utilizing a provided customer database and also by making cold calls. The ideal candidate will have experience selling specialty value-added fertilizer products, a strong horticulture/agronomy/turfgrass science background, and have a solid understanding of fertility management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Frequent sales calls to develop relationships and learn customer needs and offer correct solutions.
- Sound recommendations from knowledge of crop nutrients, crop protection, seed and insect/disease management.
- Assist in implementation of products, new processes, and seasonal lawn fertility programs.
- Forecast fertilizer and chemical needs of customers and coordinate with team on purchasing, pricing, and programs.
- Maintain records of sales contacts and submit reports on a regular basis.
- Achieve regional sales goals and execute sales plans within an assigned medium to large size sales territory and/or level of accounts.
- Focus on personal sales targets, new business development and troubleshooting on problem or key local market accounts.
- Create and recommend specific fertility programs to targeted accounts; ensure customer service initiatives are met.
- Execute sales strategy for assigned territory to retain and expand existing business accounts and attract a significant volume of new business.
- Consistently meet or exceed sales objectives to meet company financial objectives.
- Work directly with the customer to troubleshoot and alleviate any concerns and issues. Communicate with the Regional Agronomist and headquarters on resolutions.
- Identify and provide feedback on product improvement and new product development opportunities consistent with customer needs.
- Maintain individual brand identities; able to present our entire product portfolio.
- Represent the Company at trade and customer events.
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market intelligence from within the territory.
- Support internal database development through the Company’s CRM.
- Actively engage in appropriate industry associations as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable and pro-active in bio-based fertilizer processes, systems technologies.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of lawn, tree and shrub care, weed, insect, disease control.
- Technical skills in turf management, soil fertility, and lawn disease, weed, and insect controls.
- Coordinate with customer applicators on the spreading, spraying, and delivery of fertilizer to assure the cost-effective use of equipment.
- Keep current on industry safety regulations and company policies as specified, and abide by the same.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with our customers and maintaining superior customer service.
- Negotiating/Closing: Identifies objectives and aims for the best solution. Balances own needs with desire to maintain relationship. Moves others to decision; ask for action.
- Demonstrated confidence in approaching new customers or presenting new ideas. Present information in a way that causes others to listen.
- Well-organized and a self-motivated individual that works well alone and with a team.
- Ability to plan and organize activities, multi-task, and follow-through to accomplish goals.
- Willing and able to quickly learn scientific concepts and demonstrate a thorough and detailed knowledge of our products.
- Be an extremely effective verbal and written communicator of detailed product information and scientific concepts to our customers, distributor/deal accounts, agronomists, researchers, growers, in a range of environments that include everything from large group presentations to one-on-one meetings. Excellent presentation skills are a must.
- Able to establish professional relationships with customers and the green industry.
- Demonstrates cooperative and professional behavior with supervisor, colleagues, and customers.
- Meets or exceed goals and objectives within budget.
- Willingness to assume other duties as assigned – flexibility and ability to handle change are imperative.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Work extended hour’s in-season to meet business demands.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.) in Horticulture/Agronomy/Turf Science or other related field preferred.
- Certified Professional Agronomist beneficial.
- Certified Pesticide Applicator License beneficial.
- Certified Arborist beneficial.
- Minimum 2 years of sales or field experience in the lawn and landscape fertilization/pest control service industry.
Basic Qualifications (required):
- Bachelor’s degree (additional years of experience may offset degree requirements)
- 2 years of Agronomy sales or related sales experience
- Ability to work extended hours in-season
Preferred Qualifications (beneficial):
- Extensive knowledge of horticulture and turf care.
- Ability to utilize sales tools to achieve goals and objectives.
- Relationship building with internal and external customers.
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Classification: Exempt / Base Salary plus Commissions, paid weekly, benefits eligible. Early-mid career position with competitive compensation commensurate with experience
About Greene County Fertilizer Company and Bio Green USA
Greene County Fertilizer Company is a manufacturer and supplier of soil amending fertilizers, specialty fertility products, humic acid, for lawn care, garden, turf care and agricultural products made available to green industry professionals and the public through the N-Ext™ brand and Private Label products and Custom Blended programs.
Bio Green USA is the manufacturer and supplier of the environmentally responsible Bio Green® fertilizers and Licensor of the Bio Green® Lawn Service brand business model for license and co-branding opportunities for individually-owned and operated lawn and landscape service companies located in the U.S.
Greene County Fertilizer Company and its parent company, Bio Green USA operate in their 30,000 sq. ft. manufacturing plant/corporate headquarters in Greensboro, Georgia and use the finest materials and only the highest quality manufacturing practices are implemented. Their bio-based fertilizers and specialty fertility products are blended to feed plants, improve soil fertility and build topsoil, are proven to be effective stand-alone nutrient fertilizers, on turf and ornamentals, in areas where fertilization regulations are implemented, and high quality supplements to existing fertility programs.
For information about our companies and brands, visit: