Additional Locations: Huntington, WV; Kansas City, MO: Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA
Primary Locations: OH, Kent, 1500 N. Mantua St., 44240, GA, Atlanta, 6925 Gilleland Lane, Suite 102, 30360, IL, Chicago, 208 South LaSalle Street, Suite 814, 60604, IL, Chicago, 340 N. Hoyne, 60612, MO, St. Louis, 954 DesPeres Avenue, 63119, TX, Dallas, 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 900, 75201, WV, Charleston, 1627 Quarrier St, 25311
Requisition ID: 167754
DAVEY TREE has opportunities in the CP Rail Division as a CDL Driver. Davey is a leader in the tree care, utility line clearing and forestry consulting industries throughout the US and Canada.
The Davey Tree Expert Company is a progressive, fast growing, safety-driven National Service Company in the Green industry. Because of our success, Davey is experiencing tremendous growth throughout the United States creating job openings company wide. We’re currently offering excellent opportunities for qualified, career oriented, self-motivated individuals in the Midwest to join our growing team of full-time and seasonal positions to service a multi-state area out of our Midwest region; an ideal opportunity for anybody with a love of the great outdoors.
We are currently looking for all experience levels, from Laborers, Climbing Arborist, Licensed Pesticide Applicators, Crew leaders, Equipment Operators, CDL and non-CDL drivers to operate a variety of specialized railroad equipment which include Hi-Rail trucks, off-track, bucket trucks and on-track brush cutting equipment. We offer comprehensive on the job training so that you can confidently perform a variety of services for industrial and commercial clients. Our projects include right-of-way vegetation maintenance programs and asset management services for railroads, DOT’s, utility companies, commercial industries, Federal, State and local governments throughout the United States. Experience with vegetation management is a plus, but we will train the right individual.
What You’ll Do:
- CDL drivers operate a variety of specialized railroad equipment which include Hi-Rail trucks, off-track, bucket trucks and on-track brush cutting equipment.
We offer comprehensive on the job training so that you can confidently perform a variety of services for industrial and commercial clients.
Our projects include right-of-way vegetation maintenance programs and asset management services for railroads, DOT’s, utility companies, commercial industries, Federal, State and local governments throughout the United States.
Experience with vegetation management is a plus, but we will train the right individual.
- Climb Trees! Davey offers both DdRT/MRS and SRT/SRS climbing systems
- Perform all aspects of tree pruning and removal services safely and skillfully for major electric utility providers. Including but not limited to:
- Pruning treetops and repairing damaged trees by trimming or removal
- Removing broken limbs from utility lines, roofs, and other objects
- Application of tree identification knowledge and industry pruning guidelines
- Properly maintain, prepare and operate all tools and equipment including, chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts and more
- Operate as an active crew member with supporting ground crew and foreperson
- How high you grow depends on you!
What We’re Seeking:
- Love of the outdoors
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree Trimmer Orientation Program upon hire
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Required: valid driver’s license
- Preferred: Commercial Driver’s License-Class A or B with Airbrake Endorsement
- Preferred: line clearance experience or other related tree work
- Preferred: relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates, if required by state law
- Preferred: ISA Certified Arborist®, ISA Certified Tree Worker®, and/or TCIA Certified Tree Care Safety Professional®
What We Offer: *
- Paid time off
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
- Charitable matching gift program
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee-owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchanging of ideas, community partnership, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic utility tree trimmer to our passionate team of utility line clearance professionals. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 50%