Additional Locations: na
Primary Locations: Ontario, Ancaster, 611 Tradewind Drive Suite 500, L9G 4V5
Requisition ID: 166121
This challenging position entails applying herbicides with the purpose of managing brush and noxious weeds on utility facilities, power line rights-of-ways, and pipeline right-of-ways. The application of herbicides varies from selective backpack treatments to large scale foliar treatments utilizing Hi-Rail applicator trucks, all terrain vehicles, and/or heavy equipment.
The successful candidates will become part of a team of professionals that work close together to provide exceptional service while maintaining the highest commitment to safety and performance.
In this role, you will travel across Canada as you work to support our rail clients to ensure track safety is maintained for both passengers and goods.
- Perform chemical and mechanical vegetation control.
- Maintain meticulous records of herbicide use, inventory and equipment.
- Travel to various sites
- Operate Hi-Rail herbicide applicator, adhering to all company and environmental standards.
- Manage customer service expectations.
- Properly maintain, prepare, and operate all tools and equipment.
- Abide by Davey and industry safety policies and procedures.
- No experience necessary however herbicidal application experience is preferred
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail, and a proficiency using tablets, Windows and Excel, are strongly encouraged, and required for all potential crew leaders.
- Valid provincial driver’s license.
- Ability to work safely as part of a team and possess the willingness to learn and progress.
- Air brakes, herbicide applicators certificate, H2S, WHIMIS, Standard First Aid with CPR, ATV training and heavy equipment operating experience are definite assets.
- Davey provides all safety and protective clothing required but new employees must provide their own CSA steel toed rubber boots.
- Hotel costs are covered by Davey tree and virtually all expenses are covered.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Davey provides ongoing training.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, provincial law.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.