Position Description: Saunders Genetics, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Saunders Brothers, Inc. finds, breeds, researches, selects, and markets superior boxwood cultivars. We are currently searching for a Program Manager for NewGen® Boxwood.
Duties: Must be willing to:
- Manage and implement overall marketing program for Saunders Genetics LLC.
- Oversee licensing, reporting, and paperwork requirements of licensed nurseries.
- Educate nurseries, retailers, landscapers, and other industry people on new introductions by Saunders Genetics, LLC through webinars, presentations, and in-person discussions.
- Build and manage Saunders Genetics LLC website.
- Visit growers, trade shows, and other major industry events. (Some trips may require travelling for several days.)
- On an occasional basis, work outdoors testing, researching, and growing boxwood. Activities would include potting, labeling, pruning, data collection, and other day-to-day work.
- Write and accumulate articles for monthly newsletter, arrange them, and email them to mailing list.
- Create promotional materials such as short movies, photos, etc.,
- Accept additional tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and have ability to effectively communicate with customers and management.
- Must be able to handle several tasks at the same time, prioritize workload, and have flexibility as work demands change.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, communication skills, and oratory skills.
- Must be able to work independently or in groups, inside and outside the company.
- Must have strong software skills across multiple platforms.
- Must be creative and be able to think “outside-of-the-box”.
- Must be willing to adhere and uphold Core Values, Business Purpose, and Strategy of Saunders Brothers.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 4-year college degree.
- Three to five years of work experience.
- Some knowledge of horticulture is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Sales and/ or marketing experience is preferred.
Supervisor: General Manager of Saunders Genetics of Saunders Brothers, Inc.
Work Site: Flexible. Historically, this job position worked 1 day/ week at the Saunders Brothers, Inc. office in Piney River, and 4 days/ week remotely from home. High speed internet connection a must for home office.
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with ½-1 hour for lunch. Must be willing to work additional hours and weekends as workload and travel schedules dictate. The heaviest workload would be during the show season in January. This is a full-time, year-round position.
Pay and Benefits: We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, vacation package, retirement bonus, seasonal bonus, and employee pricing on plants and farm market items. We also offer professional training and staff development opportunities for staff.
Drug Testing and Background Checks– Saunders Brothers is committed to providing a drug-free and safe workplace. Therefore, all employees are subject to random drug testing, reasonable suspicion testing, and post-accident testing. In addition, all new employees will be subject to a background check.
Information and Application: Contact Mari Johnson at email@example.com. The job description may be seen at www.saundersbrothers.com and the application downloaded from the website. Application must be submitted with resume in order to be considered.
Saunders Brothers Core Values
Faith- Our Core Values and business practices are directed by our Christian faith.
Integrity-Honesty and truthfulness are foundational to our business.
Passion- We strive to enthusiastically share our love for Agriculture.
Family- The Saunders Brothers family includes and fosters many diverse families, generations, races, religions, and nationalities.
To make a profit doing something we love.
To have a positive impact on our employees, customers, suppliers, community, and environment.
To provide a productive, nurturing, and fulfilling environment for our team.
To be a premier supplier of superb-quality plant material for garden centers, landscapers, and public gardens throughout the Eastern United States.
To be a premier supplier of extraordinary fruit to the people of the Mid-Atlantic area.