Do you love landscaping? Spending time outside marveling at nature’s beauty surrounded by the smell of freshly cut grass? If you answered yes, then Yellowstone Landscape could be the place for you! As an Account Manager, you’ll feel right at home in your “field” office being always on the go; checking in on your crews and meeting with clients to ensure that we’re exceeding their expectations. There’s no such thing as monotony here! At Yellowstone we’re always learning, changing and growing. Join our team as an Account Manager in our Lake Worth Branch!
Yellowstone Landscape is dedicated to excellence in commercial landscaping. As the largest privately-owned commercial landscaping company in the nation, we offer exciting career opportunities for Landscape Professionals across the United States. To learn more, please visit our website: www.yellowstonelandscape.com.
- Lead multiple crew associates focusing on the enhancements operation.
- Leading and managing all landscape enhancement services, including the coordination of all materials, people, equipment, and subcontractors required to produce quality work. Monitor work habits and coach employees to achieve high productivity standards, safety compliance, and policy adherence.
- Conducts operations in a manner which promotes safety. Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Inspects properties prior to scheduled service in order to properly prepare a specific action plan for the requested service.
- Assume responsibility for on-site training, skill development activities, and develop classroom instruction as needed for new and current employees.
- Review production hours daily and turn in any necessary adjustments; Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Monitor production hours, forecast, and allocate labor as needed throughout an assigned geographic location and communicates work instructions to the crews.
- Utilize appropriate tools and resources to schedule all work for the crews.
- Ensure work is on track and make adjustments as needed.
- Visit sites regularly and attend meetings with customers as needed in order to ensure the quality matches the scope of the work.
- Partner with the Client Care team to ensure speed, simplicity, and confidence for all clients by effectively communicating needs and requests.
- Take ownership of and partner with the Fleet Team to ensure repairs are happening in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Attend weekly meetings with Client Care, Fleet, Human Resources, Operations Teams to provide valuable updates and ensure your team is in alignment.
- Recommend new processes and procedures to improve the operation, work environment, safety, productivity, profitability, and enhance customer service.
- Assume responsibility of the Operational goals and participate in achieving these goals on a daily basis, assuring all jobs are completed to the client expectations and within allotted hours.
- Assess needs of the operation by purchasing and locating job-related material. Ensures proper equipment is on site and monitors cost and compliance with approved safety procedures.
- Coach, groom, and mentor direct reports to prepare for future growth opportunities within the organization.
- Review and approve time off for employees.
- Engagement with the interview and selection process for new members of your crew.
- Ability to make informed and educated decisions about horticultural best practices and to be ready with answers to questions about weeds and plant identification.
- Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
- Live the Company Values to motivate and inspire a team
- Strong organization, project management, and communication skills
- Thorough understanding of irrigation systems to identify repairs and recommendations
- Ability to work as a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bilingual (Preferred)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Prior related work experience required.
- Valid Driver’s License – Must meet insurance underwriting requirements
Yellowstone Landscape offers a competitive compensation package and a full group benefit plan including medical, dental, 401K with a company match, and PTO.