Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
The Product Marketing Manager is a critical member of the Marketing team who is responsible for understanding specific LOB category initiatives and goals and working with the Product Marketing Director and the Integrated Marketing Team to build marketing strategies and plans to accomplish LOB goals.
This role will become the marketing SME for their respective product categories and assist in driving that knowledge across the entire marketing team.
The PMM will establish relationships with key supplier marketing teams that will assist SiteOne in leveraging supplier resources (co-op) and aligning marketing programs to support shared product sales objectives.
The Product Marketing Manger will be an integral member of the category LOB Excellence Team working with field representatives for input and feedback to ensure category programs are aligned with local market trends and priorities.
The Manager will work closely with the Integrated Marketing and Divisional Marketing teams to plan and execute marketing initiatives. This role will bring the product perspective to the team and understand all priorities, messages, launches, promotional strategy and key customer segments to be successful in this role.
The ideal candidate will have a proven history of influencing others across organizations and solving business problems through creative executions.
The position objectives are to create category demand via compelling communication, promotions and launches that drive the customer to partner with SiteOne.
- Immerse themselves with the category management teams. Build strong working partnerships with product leaders and build well-rounded knowledge of products, customers and their needs relative to the category
- Build annual category marketing calendars that support sales objectives and drive awareness and engagement of the SiteOne’s product offering. Support all product introductions and launches with integrated marketing solutions and plans.
- Working together with field sales leadership and the category teams establish a baseline of sales support materials to enable field sales as well as online conversion/
- Work closely with integrated marketing and the divisional marketing team to build and execute programs effectively.
- Passionately drive the SiteOne brand across the enterprise.
- Understand category nuances, priorities and key messages to build campaigns and marketing plans that deliver results. Identify customer pain points relative to the category and partner with the Integrated team to create appropriate content and messaging to address them,
- Lead and develop a highly functioning team. Establish goals, identify priorities, provide direction, give the necessary tools and resources and recognize accomplishments in a timely manner.
- Develop compelling product strategies that lead to campaigns that meet business objectives and deliver results.
- Create meaningful promotional strategies that drive demand.
- Understand the customer perspective and what is important to them.
- Drive an ROI mindset across the marketing organization – measure everything.
- Understand business challenges and creatively problem solve.
- Partner with the category team to drive the business forward.
Skills We Are Seeking
- Outgoing personality with excellent communications skills to engage internal and external customers.
- Leadership and the ability to collaborate.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5-7 years in marketing or at a marketing agency
- Experience working with product teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or equivalent experience
- Great communication skills, including presenting and training abilities.
- Planning and project management skills
- Able to travel nationally and within the assigned division up to 20%
- Ability to build a team environment
- Entrepreneurial personality a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Green Industry or Distribution experience preferred
- Report best practices and provide recommendations to optimize marketing programs
- Increase tracking, measurement and effectiveness of marketing programs.
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for Advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.