Requisition Number: 36071
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1RES-Kent Residential & Commercial Services
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: 1 – 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Come grow with us and join our team as a Plant Health Care Technician in King of Prussia, PA (Greater Philadelphia Metro Area)
POSITION: Plant Health Care Technician | King of Prussia, PA
Starting Date: Applications accepted until suitable candidate is selected.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has immediate openings in the field of landscape and grounds maintenance, as Plant Health Care Technicians. Davey is a national horticulture landscape management firm with, operations throughout the US and Canada.
JOB DUTIES: PHC Tech performs fertilization and integrated pest management on tree and shrubs and lawns using spray and injection tools. Customer service is a key element of the position, as well as routing, product mixing and application. Turf, Weed, Tree and shrub ID, Pathology, and knowledge of turf or tree physiology are valuable but not required, we will train.
- Two or Four year degree in Forestry, Urban Forestry, Horticulture or related discipline a plus, but not required.
- Ability to identify local tree species and knowledge of growth rates.
- ISA Certified Arborist a plus as is related past experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Specific task training provided
- Leadership experience and a desire for career growth will be given a priority.
- Valid driver’s license,
- Certified applicators license a plus where applicable.
- Class B CDL-Air a plus.
- Full time hourly position (compensation based on qualifications and experience)
- Employee referral bonus program and safety bonus program
- Excellent benefits: medical, dental, vision plans
- 401K retirement plan with company match
- All climbing gear, uniforms and PPE provided
- Access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Full time hourly position. Compensation based on qualifications and experience. Davey Tree offers competitive wages, excellent benefits and full-time position includes option to buy company stock after one year. Access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses. Pre-employment Drug Screen, E-verify Social Security Number verification, and criminal background check required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and Davey Tree Surgery are Equal Opportunity Employers. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at email@example.com.