Title: Plant Health Care Specialist Trainee
Date Listed: 1/7/2019
At Bartlett Tree Experts, people thrive in a safety-first, entrepreneurial, promote-from-within environment. You can go as far as your talent and hard work will take you. You can free yourself from the conventions of an office setting and work alongside some of the brightest scientific minds in the industry. Join us and realize your most ambitious goals as you grow right along with us.
We are seeking entry-level Plant Health Care Specialists who are ambitious self-starters, that have a passion for preserving and caring for trees. This position will involve monitoring, evaluating, and providing the plant health care needs of trees and shrubs on commercial and residential properties.
- Learn and performs all function of the integrated pest management program, including administration, scheduling, inspections, sampling, treatments, inventories, equipment maintenance, record keeping, report writing, and customer relations
- Monitor, diagnose, and treat insect, disease, and cultural conditions of trees and shrubs
- Effectively operate, calibrate, and maintain equipment
- Work as a member of a tree crew, under the Crew Leader’s supervision during the off-season
- Responsible for carrying out other duties as assigned by the Crew Leader or designated supervisor, Arborist Representative, or Local Manager
- Degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Landscape Management, or a related field OR prior experience working in the tree care industry
- Ability to perform strenuous manual labor and work in all weather conditions and seasons
- Commercial Pesticide Applicator License or ability to attain license
- Valid driver’s license and clean MVR.
The F. A. Bartlett Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
To submit your résumé, you can do the following: