Summary: Provide exceptional customer service and actively close sales of horticultural products – young plants, seeds and supplies – to wholesale/retail and residential businesses from home office or customer’s place of business by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers.
- Talks with vendors and/or customers by telephone to answer questions.
- Displays or demonstrates product using sample or catalog.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer.
- Prepares reports of business transactions, customers concerns.
- Completes and submits travel expenses for reimbursement on a biweekly basis.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Uses discretion when selling to customers ensuring creditworthiness.
- Notifies collectors, supervisor and owners of customer status. I.e. Good season, out of business or other facts pertinent to collection activities.
- Acts as liaison between customer and collectors to bring past due accounts up-to-date.
- Enter orders via computer system.
- Attends sales meetings.
- May be required to make deliveries to customer.
- Must hold all internal Griffin information and communications confidential, unless otherwise instructed
- Other duties may be assigned
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees in this field of work will spend 80% of their day calling on/seeing an average of 7 customers. The remainder of the day may be spent on office work like setting up appointments; using the computer to enter orders and retrieve and answer e-mails; complete call and expense reports, etc.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment, when in the office, is clean, neat, presentable to customers and generally air-conditioned. Other work environments will include a personal automobile, which must be in working order and kept clean, and a home office that must include a telephone, computer and fax line/machine.
Griffin is EOE/ADA and E-verify compliant