The Role – Nursery Purchasing Agent
The Location – Houston, TX
The agent will provide a critical service to 6-8 branches representing $9-15 million in purchases by ensuring product is available at the branches at the right time, in the right quantities and at the most economical landed cost.
- Talent Focused: We recruit, develop, mentor and retain the best
- Customer Obsessed: We are relentless in making our customers successful
- Fast Moving: We hustle and make it happen…safely
- Team Players: We respect and support each other and put team first
- Solution Oriented: We get the facts and solve problems; find win-wins
- Agents Of Change: We are always looking for the better way
- Professional: We do everything with quality and integrity
- Competitive: We have fun… serving our customers and winning!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Supports the initial stocking and replenishment of market needs.
- Communicates daily with branches regarding purchasing of product and other special needs.
- Ensures center inventory objectives are met and help maintain an in stock position with key product lines.
- Communicates with vendors regarding product availability and purchase orders.
- Assists branch manager with special projects, including but not limited to early orders, product promotions and vendor negotiations.
- Manages logistics for nursery locations by ensuring timely, economical, and freight-efficient deliveries from vendors
- Sources and secures products that are part of the local buy.
- Supports Market Pricing Function.
- Supports other key functions of site operations as necessary.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Understanding of purchasing and inventory management philosophies.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Strong computer Skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Assertive hands on approach with the ability to communicate and problem solve with vendors and internal clients.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College Degree or equivalent experience in the industry.
- 5 years of horticulture experience
- Experience in or strong working knowledge of nursery products.
- 401k with company match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- Company-paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Product Discounts
- Competitive Compensation
- Opportunities for advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.