The Role – Nursery Department Manager I
The Location – Alpharetta, GA
Working with the Store Manager, achieve world-class store performance while contributing to and supporting the overall Store strategy, performance and growth. Champion select best practices within the store and participate in store/area-wide initiatives.
- Talent Focused: We recruit, develop, mentor and retain the best
- Customer Obsessed: We are relentless in making our customers successful
- Fast Moving: We hustle and make it happen…safely
- Team Players: We respect and support each other and put team first
- Solution Oriented: We get the facts and solve problems; find win-wins
- Agents Of Change: We are always looking for the better way
- Professional: We do everything with quality and integrity
- Competitive: We have fun… serving our customers and winning!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Staff recruitment, direction and training of the Nursery department staff.
- Manage the sales process for the Nursery department to include counter sales, delivery scheduling and customer acquisition and retention efforts.
- Manage the procurement of nursery supplies product for that branch.
- Inventory management of all store nursery supplies.
- Coordinate with other stores to fulfill delivery and product transfer requirements.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Computer skills – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Knowledge of sales management and managing personnel
- Strong knowledge of nursery products
- Must have a positive attitude
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 or more years of work experience in horticultural and whole sale distribution of nursey products
- Prior experience in personnel and sales management
- Current Driver’s License with good driving record, as my have to sometimes operate company vehicle
- 401k with company match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- Company-paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Product Discounts
- Competitive Compensation
- Opportunities for advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.