Additional Locations: Boston, MA
Primary Locations: MA, Needham, 433 Chestnut Street, 2492
Requisition ID: 165531
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee-owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchanging of ideas, community partnerships, a commitment to safety and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Lawn Care Technician to our passionate team of tree care professionals. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
What You’ll Do:
- Cultivate your career and fertilize your future!
- Properly diagnose insects, weeds, and fungus conditions, as well as pest shelter areas and conducive conditions.
- Communicate and educate the client regarding the diagnosis and the prescribed pest control, aerification and fertilization service(s) with customers.
- Continuously monitor lawn quality and fertilizing methods after application and communicate progress to customers and supervisors.
- Drive, use, maintain and properly operate equipment (truck and sprayer).
What We’re Looking For:
- Love of the outdoors
- Preferred: Background in Forestry, Horticulture or Landscaping
- Preferred: Turf, Weed, Tree and shrub ID, Pathology and knowledge of turf or tree physiology
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree Qualified Plant Health Care Tech training program upon hire
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Valid driver’s license required
- Preferred: Relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates
What We Offer: *
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
- Charitable matching gift program
*all listed benefits available to eligible employees
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
Hartney Greymont, a Davey company, provides a full range of tree care services and is based in the greater Boston, Mass., area. The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%