Looking for a place where you can thrive?
SavATree’s mission is to take our passion for nature and keep this country’s outdoors beautiful and flourishing. Through our comprehensive tree, shrub, and lawn care we work hard to make sure our discerning customers have attractive, healthy and cared-for green spaces to enjoy. Over the last thirty years, we have opened new offices across the country, and we are looking for people who want to grow with us.
The Irrigation team are some of the most highly skilled tradesman our operation. These technical experts work together to maintain high-quality irrigation systems, helping to maintain and preserve the overall health of our clients’ landscapes.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work outside and visit beautiful properties in your community. You’ll apply your expertise in activating, troubleshooting, repairing, and winterizing the varying types of residential systems, while helping to ensure the health and well-being of each client’s landscape.
We want everyone to be able to identify and achieve their own version of success, which means giving each employee the room and opportunity to grow. To ensure that everyone has the best chance to succeed, we invest heavily in training and continuing education. We make it easy for you to reach out and get the help you need, even when it’s from the other side of the country. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where each employee has the resources and opportunities to advance his or her career and become a go-to subject matter expert. That’s why we often say that when you work here, you thrive here.
What a day is like:
Your focus will be to work independently or together on an Irrigation crew to provide high quality repair and maintenance to our residential clients’ systems. You will be involved in all aspects of irrigation, from troubleshooting water and pressure problems, repairing and replacing heads and nozzles, replacing valves, and other concepts related to irrigation systems (we basically do everything but install new systems). You will confidently and responsibly upsell to the client when you observe an opportunity to enhance a customer’s property or system. You’ll be able to safely operate all equipment and perform the assigned job tasks while also providing excellent service to our clients.
What kind of person are we looking for? Someone with:
- A sense of independence and the ability to “think on your feet”
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing residential outdoor irrigation systems, ensuring proper landscape health, while focusing on water conservation
- Ability to identify native and introduced turfgrass, as well as common insects and diseases that are the enemy of a green lush lawn
- Practical knowledge of basic hand tools, valves, compressors, clocks/timers, and backflows
- Valid Driver’s license, CDL a plus
- Experience with soldering is helpful
Why you might love working here:
- We have lots of training and development opportunities and will support your continuing education in the industry
- You’ll work alongside some of the best trained and equipped teams in the industry, with an emphasis on quality and safety
- This isn’t a seasonal job like most irrigation roles – we will cross train you into several other business lines during the dormant season.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including health and dental, paid time off, 401(K) Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Plan, Equipment Account
Interested in taking your career to another location? We have several openings at other SavATree locations across the United States, and we offer relocation assistance in most cases. Just ask us for further details.
SavATree is an equal opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace