Additional Locations: Not Applicable
Primary Locations: CA, Los Angeles, 818 West 7th Street, 90017
Requisition ID: 172743
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Inventory Arborist Technician to our passionate team of environmental professionals.
The Inventory Arborist Technician will provide our government, commercial and not-for-profit clients with the services and solutions needed to efficiently and effectively manage trees and urban forests by inspecting trees and other vegetation and identify common defects. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and measure local tree species, understand their typical growth rates and recognize indicators of common diseases and pest infestations.
- Prescribe appropriate tree work needed to mitigate risk.
Education and Qualifications:
An individual must be able to perform each essential job duty consistently and satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Two to four year degree in Forestry, Urban Forestry, Horticulture, Arboriculture, Environmental Science, Plant Biology or related discipline or equivalent experience in similar positions is desired.
- Current Driver’s License and Driving Record in good standing.
- Urban forestry experience preferred. Proficient working knowledge of computers. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint.
What We Offer:*
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match.
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options.
- Group Health Plan.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend.
- Locations throughout the United States in major cities and desirable areas.
- Career Development Program supported by industry expert safety specialists and skilled trainers.
- The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees.
- Charitable matching gift program.
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
Where permitted by applicable law, an applicant must show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (currently two weeks after one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two weeks after second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) as a condition of employment prior to beginning work. Individuals with a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is a leader in the natural resource, environmental, and forestry consulting industries throughout the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 50%