Additional Locations: Not Applicable
Primary Locations: IN, Indianapolis, 334 North Senate Avenue, 46204
Requisition ID: 170601
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, Inc., headquartered in Kent, Ohio, has openings for experienced environmental consulting professionals. We are seeking teamwork-oriented individuals with excellent written and oral communication skills. Candidates should possess a professional work ethic with attention to detail and safety.
Position Description and Responsibilities
The Inventory Arborist Technician will provide our government, commercial and not-for-profit clients with the services and solutions needed to efficiently and effectively manage trees and urban forests by inspecting trees and other vegetation and identifying common defects. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Identify species and measure tree size, understand tree species typical growth rates and recognize indicators of common diseases and pest infestations.
- Prescribe appropriate tree work needed to mitigate risk.
- Collect tree and site data in the field using handheld computers.
- Walk areas along city street right-of-way, universities, golf courses, zoos, cemeteries, and private lands, in woodlands, along rail lines, and in wetlands.
- Travel often out of state to support Davey Resource Group, Inc’s projects across the nation.
- Work in an outdoor environment (90%+).
- Ensure clear and effective communication with clients and co-workers.
- Conduct administrative tasks.
- Urban forestry educational discipline or experience preferred.
- International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Arborist Certification will be required for certain contracts.
- Proficient working knowledge of computers, including GIS systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google’s suite of applications.
- Ability to identify 50+ midwest or southern tree species preferred.
- Current Driver’s License and driving record in good standing.
- Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather for up to 4-hour increments.
- Ability to read and follow GIS data and maps.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work and hike in urban terrain and inclement weather.
- Ability to work independently, be adaptable, and manage all project field tasks.
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time
What We Offer:*
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match.
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options.
- Group Health Plan.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend.
- Locations throughout the United States in major cities and desirable areas.
- Career Development Program supported by industry expert safety specialists and skilled trainers.
- The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees.
- Charitable matching gift program.
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is a leader in the natural resource, environmental, and forestry consulting industries throughout the United States.
Full-time position. Compensation based on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, excellent benefits and a full-time position includes the option to buy company stock after one year. Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and Davey Resource Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Davey is Employee Owned.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 50%