Spring – Summer 2020 Internship with The Davey Tree Expert Company
Residential & Commercial Services – Washinton DC (Gaithersburg, MD)
The Davey Tree Expert Company is looking for exceptional students who are interested in expanding their field experience in the areas of Tree Care, Plant Health Care, Sales and Client Services.
Flexible – We are currently looking for Internship candidates for Spring/Summer, 2020
- Washington DC (in Gaithersburg, MD)
Introduce career orientated students to exceptional opportunities in the industry including tree care, tree climbing, chainsaw use, plant health care and customer service. Internships in each division may vary in length depending on availability. Interns will be assigned a manager who will mentor them through a variety of job experiences within the industry. Throughout your experience, you will work on residential and commercial properties and in an office setting.
- Studying Arboriculture, Urban Forestry, Horticulture, Landscape Design, Forestry or related discipline preferred
- Driver’s license required. Commercial driver’s license highly valuable
40-50 hours per week; Monday – Friday with some Saturdays
EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Must have enthusiasm for proper plant care and arboriculture
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Demonstrated ability to report for work regularly and punctually
- Collaboration and communication skills
EXPERIENCE WE OFFER:
- Over 135 years of service gives you job security
- National reputation for Stewardship and Excellence
- Promotes ambitious, team-focused experts quickly and focuses on continuing education
- Commitment to safety: Interns will work towards completing a Career Development Program booklet as assigned by their mentor
- Opportunity to apply for Davey Scholarship and develop your career
- Work in the nations capital
- Housing support may be available
- Access to industry related training materials
- Climbing gear, uniforms and PPE provided
- Competitive & Negotiable
Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and CLS are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Visit Davey Website: WWW.DAVEY.COM Job Opportunities & Company Profile Information
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.