Our growing company is looking for a professional Human Resources Assistant to support the day-to-day Human Resources operations. The primary focus of this role is the accurate and timely processing of all HR and payroll related transactions, while also providing support to managers and staff on employee matters and other HR initiatives. Our successful HR Assistant will learn our business, proactively anticipate business and HR needs, and become a critical member of the HR team. This exciting opportunity is located at our bustling headquarters office in Bunnell, FL, where our office doors are always open and we host Wellness Wednesday afternoon activities.
Yellowstone Landscape is a professional horticultural organization dedicated to creating premier properties and building lasting relationships throughout Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas and New Mexico. To learn more, please visit our website: www.yellowstonelandscape.com.
- Process and approve all employee data changes, new hires and terminations into HRIS system.
- Initiate required pre-employment screenings for frontline workers, when necessary. Coordinate candidate correspondence, including Adverse Action Notices.
- Review Form I-9 and E-Verify documents for new hires and ensure accuracy.
- Maintain list of eligible company drivers and DOT files.
- Complete verbal and written employment verification requests.
- Assist employees with HRIS access, setup permissions, and provide guidance.
- Along with the VP of HR, coordinate the H2B Visa program, including the preparation of check requests for related fees and reporting terminations to the required government agencies.
- Assist with the processing of the annual Open Enrollment and New Hire Enrollments, COBRA administration and auditing the monthly statements for accuracy.
- Serve as resource for management and employees regarding interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with requisite State and Federal employment laws.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent preferred.
- One to three years of related experience.
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish language a plus.
- Solid communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience using an HRIS preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working with all levels of employees from field labor to senior management.
Yellowstone Landscape offers a competitive compensation package and full benefit plan including medical, dental, 401K with a company match, and PTO.