Barks Road Landscape Architecture, Ltd. – Arnold, MD 21012
Barks Road Landscape Architecture, Ltd. (BRLA), a design build firm located in Arnold, Md., has an opening for a full-time year-round Horticulturist/Gardener to join our growing team. BRLA is committed to the development of beautiful, functional, and sustainable landscape designs in residential settings. We pride ourselves in our ability to install and maintain our projects to the highest standards. Our objective is to exceed our clients’ expectations on every project.
The ideal applicant is highly motivated and organized, and has a professional energetic attitude. The candidate possesses the ability to work as part of team in the management of residential landscapes. The candidate should capable of performing a wide range of gardening tasks, including, but not limited to: annual/perennial planting and maintenance, weed control, and pruning of ornamental trees and shrubs. A passion for plants is highly desirable, as we strive to include new plant introductions, natives, and uncommon ornamentals, in our designs.
Primary and Essential Responsibilities:
- Perform gardening tasks at residential properties on a weekly basis
- Inspect plant material for insects and disease during regular walk-throughs on residential properties and report findings to appropriate personnel
- Assist designers with annual plantings and container designs
- Assist designers with bulb plantings
- Procure plant material for various projects
- Track and maintain greenhouse inventory
- Previous experience in gardening, horticulture or another related field
- The ability to identify common plant material
- Basic knowledge of integrated pest management
- A valid state driver’s license and a clean driving record
- The ability to work independently and as part of team
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- The ability to multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving skills Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to speak/understand Spanish
Working Conditions, Wages and Benefits
- Paid Holidays and Vacation time
- 401K Retirement Option
- Salary commensurate with experience