Does your ideal job have the potential to become an exciting career within a forward-looking company that fuses design, horticulture and ecology?
Are you driven to use your talents to create vibrant garden rooms and green spaces, contributing your knowledge and passion for horticulture as a valued team member?
Have you almost given up on the idea that a healthy work-life balance in the landscape industry is possible? Wondering if there are any employers out there who see this as an important benefit for both themselves and their employees?
We are a boutique design & build business, focusing our services throughout Bucks and Montgomery Counties. We build and maintain both intimate gardens and expansive properties, employing our love for design, use of natural stone, and understanding of plants and their environment. We believe that a landscape is a place to use the tools of our five senses; to experience the health and beauty of the natural world in a way that inspires pleasure, teaches respect and encourages preservation.
Our business is growing, and we are looking for inspired individuals who resonate with our philosophy, mission and goals; and want to grow with us to create a greener future. We firmly believe in fostering talent and providing opportunity for our team members to grow. We hire for passion, knowledge and great personal fit.
For this position, we are looking for someone who has…
- Formal education in Horticulture, Environmental Science, Sustainable Design, Ecology, or a related field in the green industry.
- Minimum of 2 years of jobsite experience in the landscape industry.
- Basic knowledge of horticulture tasks such as plant and weed identification, mulching, pruning, proper watering and planting techniques etc.
- Valid driver's license, with good record and ability to drive trucks and trailers.
- Working knowledge of machinery (tractors, sod cutters, chain saws etc.)
- An aptitude for masonry (we do a significant amount of natural stonework).
We recognize that having a work-life balance is a major challenge in the green industry. Our goal is to look at the needs of our team and find creative solutions. At Five Senses, we value our team members and believe in compensating them well.
We are passionate about making a positive impact in our world and are constantly working to improve our practices on all levels of the business. We believe that our unique philosophy – fusing design, horticulture and ecology -is an effective solution to many of the challenges faced by the landscape industry.
Do you want to be a part of that solution? If so, please contact us with your resume and cover letter. We would love to discuss how you can grow with us here at Five Senses.