Established in 1932, by Robert Tyre Jones Jr. and Clifford Roberts, Augusta National is consistently recognized as one of the finest clubs in the world. Home of the Masters® Tournament, the club facilities include a championship golf course, a par three course, multiple dining rooms, an extensive wine cellar and overnight accommodations for members and their guests.
Augusta National Golf Club has an exciting opportunity for a Horticulturist.
The Horticulturist will provide guidance and support to the Horticulture department through the application of technical knowledge and applied practices, to a dynamic landscape populated with diverse plant material. Duties include:
- Daily scouting of the landscape plant material to identify disease/insect problems, reporting the findings to the Technical Supervisor
- Recommendation of treatment plans and schedules to address observed issues
- Monitor and assist with the application of pesticides and fertilizers
- Responsible for maintaining pesticide and fertilizer inventory. Report inventory needs to the Technical Supervisor.
- Responsible for monitoring maintenance requirements for all fertilizer and pesticide application equipment.
- Develops and recommends fertilizer program for trees, ornamentals and flowers
- Assists with the development, recommendation, and implementation of a pre and post emergent weed program.
- Institutes “IPM” practices through conservative pesticide applications.
- Assists with the safe storage of all pesticides and fertilizers
- Attend project development meetings pertaining to landscape issues.
- Assist with the evaluation of existing landscape presentations; make recommendations for improvement based on historical and horticultural knowledge.
- Observe and report any anomalies associated with landscape water requirements.
- Assist with the development and updating of plant catalogs relative to recording pest and disease cycles, bloom timing, and plant inventories.
- Coordinate and oversee the scheduling, ordering and maintenance of all plant material associated with the annual and tournament flower program.
- Assist with the monitoring of ornamental and tree installation, to ensure proper planting techniques are utilized.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Horticulture required.
- Minimum of three years relevant experience in the Horticulture field required.
- Landscaping experience preferred.
- Certified Arborist preferred.
- Must have solid knowledge of planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs, and trees, including herbicides and pest control methods & material.
- Knowledge of the proper methods for applying pesticides and fertilizers.
- Knowledge of annuals, ornamentals, trees, weeds that are relative to the Southeast
- Knowledge of theories, practices, and principles of Horticulture, Entomology and Arboriculture
Augusta National Golf Club offers a competitive salary and benefit package to include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability (paid by employer)
- Pension Plan (paid by employer)
- Paid Holidays