$500 Sign-on bonus!
Looking for a place where you can thrive?
SavATree’s mission is to take our passion for nature and keep this country’s outdoors beautiful and flourishing. Through our comprehensive tree, shrub, and lawn care we work hard to make sure our discerning customers have attractive, healthy and cared-for green spaces to enjoy. Over the last thirty years, we have opened new offices across the country, and we are looking for people who want to grow with us.
The General Tree Care team are the muscle of our operation. These industrial athletes work together to provide high-quality tree care, helping to maintain and preserve the overall health of our clients’ landscapes.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work outside and visit beautiful properties in your community. You’ll work with a team of focused, talented individuals who make safety and quality work a top priority, and you’ll be able to put your industry knowledge and skills to use every single day in the field.
We want everyone to be able to identify and achieve their own version of success, which means giving each employee the room and opportunity to grow. To ensure that everyone has the best chance to succeed, we invest heavily in training and continuing education. We make it easy for you to reach out and get the help you need, even when it’s from the other side of the country. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where each employee has the resources and opportunities to advance his or her career and become a go-to subject matter expert. That’s why we often say that when you work here, you thrive here.
What a day is like:
As a General Tree Care Groundsman, you will be part of a crew that provides high quality tree care to our clients. You will be involved in all aspects of pruning, removals, cable bracing and other concepts related to tree care. You’ll be able to safely operate all equipment and perform the assigned job tasks while also providing excellent service to our clients.
What kind of person are we looking for? Someone with:
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper use of General Tree Care equipment
- Previous landscaping experience who can demonstrate proper lifting techniques and proper procedures for carrying and stacking brush on a client’s property
- Basic knowledge of common tree identification a plus
- Knowledge of two to three basic knots plus Weaver Knot, Clove Hitch Knot, and Gilhooligan Knot
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper pruning equipment including hand snips, pruner, pole saw etc.
- Valid Driver’s license, CDL a plus
Why you might love working here:
- We have lots of training and development opportunities and will support your continuing education in the industry
- You’ll work alongside some of the best trained and equipped teams in the industry, with an emphasis on quality and safety
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including health and dental, paid time off, 401(K) Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Plan, Equipment Account
SavATree is an equal opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace