Additional Locations: na
Primary Locations: Ontario, Pickering, 1661 Quigley Street, L1W 0A3
Requisition ID: 166809
As an Arborist Apprentice with Davey Tree you will begin to gain exposure on all aspects of the Arborist role. You will spend your day in the field supporting Arborists all while ensuring a clean, safe, and organized site. In time Davey Tree would look to support the apprentice in becoming a certified Arborist.
- Control lowering ropes.
- Supply tools for tree workers aloft.
- Control road and sidewalk traffic as needed by use of warning devices.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly maintenance inspections on equipment.
- Cut, chip and load brush and wood.
- Complete proper job site cleanup.
- Assist other crew members in performing job duties.
- Abide by Davey and industry safety policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid provincial driver’s license. Licensed to drive a 5-ton vehicle and air brake endorsement considered an asset.
- Willingness to work towards becoming a certified Arborist.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Previous landscape/horticulture experience considered an asset.
- Ability to work safely as part of a team and possess the willingness to learn and progress.
- Full time. Year-round employment.
- Occasional overtime required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent Benefits package, RRSP
- Employee owned company with stock purchase available after 1 year of service.
- Davey provides ongoing training and careers advancement opportunities.
Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited has been performing tree care and vegetation management services across Canada since 1930. With over 850 employees, we continuously pride ourselves on unmatched quality and safety. Davey Tree has numerous crews that are professionally trained to provide tree trimming and removal services to ensure the scope of this contracted work is completed safely, and well before any deadlines. Our relatable experiences and industries serviced include notably Utilities, Municipalities, Government, Rail, Commercial and Residential.
We provide utilities, rail and road transport with safe and efficient right of way clearance services. Clients rely on us for timely resource mobilization during severe weather events and proactive planning services, such as system hardening and storm restorations.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, provincial law.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.