Additional Locations: na
Primary Locations: Alberta, Nisku, 3800-13 Street, T9E 1C6
Requisition ID: 167718
As a Grounds Person you will be working to support the operations above; you will play an important part in both site set up and assistance to both climbers and trimmers. You will play a vital role in the safe execution of work for our crews and members of the public or clients. This role will provide newcomers to the tree industry with a better understanding of what we do at Davey and provide the right individuals with a career advancement opportunities and training.
- Groundwork support for trimming operations.
- Chainsaw and Chipper operation/loading brush.
- Assist Crew leader in job- site setup, debris removal, cleanup and equipment maintenance.
- Abide by industry safety policies and procedures.
- Raking up/ leaf blowing job sites.
- Rigging down limbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid provincial driver’s license. Licensed to drive a 5-ton vehicle and air brake endorsement considered an asset.
- Willingness to work towards becoming a certified arborist.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Previous landscape/horticulture experience considered an asset.
- Ability to work safely as part of a team and possess the willingness to learn and progress.
- Full time. Year-round employment.
- Seasonal positions also available
- Davey provides ongoing training and career advancement opportunities, including assistance with tuition
- Employee owned company with stock purchase available after 1 year of service
- Excellent Benefits package and RRSP matching program
- Employee Referral Program and other company perks
Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited has been performing tree care and vegetation management services across Canada since 1930. With over 850 employees, we continuously pride ourselves on unmatched quality and safety. Davey Tree has numerous crews that are professionally trained to provide tree trimming and removal services to ensure the scope of this contracted work is completed safely, and well before any deadlines. Our relatable experiences and industries serviced include notably Utilities, Municipalities, Government, Rail, Commercial and Residential.
We provide utilities, rail and road transport with safe and efficient right of way clearance services. Clients rely on us for timely resource mobilization during severe weather events and proactive planning services, such as system hardening and storm restorations.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, provincial law.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.