Additional Locations: Ohio
Primary Locations: GA, Alpharetta, 2035 Grassland Parkway, 30004
Requisition ID: 170612
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Geospatial Technician to our passionate team of environmental professionals.
The Geospatial Technician will provide our government, commercial, utility, not-for-profit, and internal clients with the tools, services and solutions needed to effectively map, analyze and understand their geographic resources and physical assets. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work effectively in a variety of computer systems and software applications.
- Understand the contract needs and specifications of clients and their customers and develop appropriate solutions.
- Conduct research and compile summation, statistical and other reports.
- Organize and develop efficient daily work assignments from start to completion.
- Analyze data requests and design appropriate solutions.
- Program systems to meet client and/or project specifications.
- Ability to manage data holdings in an organized structure and obtain useful data sets.
Education and Qualifications:
An individual must be able to perform each essential job duty consistently and satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Four year degree in Geography, Computer Science or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a similar position.
- Strong skills and capabilities in at least one of the following areas of expertise:
- GIS: experience with two or more desktop GIS software packages like Esri ArcGIS, AutoCAD, QGIS, Microstation, or other geospatial tools.
- Remote Sensing: experience with remote sensing imagery processing and photogrammetry software packages like ERDAS, Feature Analyst, IDRISI, ENVI, or others.
- GIS Programming: experience with basic programming knowledge and the ability to develop functions and process scripts in Python or other scripting languages.
What We Offer:*
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match.
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options.
- Group Health Plan.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend.
- Locations throughout the United States in major cities and desirable areas.
- Career Development Program supported by industry expert safety specialists and skilled trainers.
- The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees.
- Charitable matching gift program.
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is a leader in the natural resource, environmental, and forestry consulting industries throughout the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: None