Requisition Number: 111768
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1UTL – Kent-Utility SL
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: 3 – 5 years
Travel Expectations: None
THE DAVEY TREE EXPERT COMPANY has opportunities in the field of Utility Line Clearance as a General Foreman for major electric utility operations. Davey is a leader in the tree care, utility line clearing and forestry consulting industries throughout the US and Canada.
*The Utility Line Clearance General Foreman provides crew supervision and line clearing and tree trimming services for major electric utility providers.
*Services provided include pruning treetops, repairing damaged trees by trimming or removal as well as removing broken limbs from wires, roofs, and other objects.
*In addition, the General Foreman directs multiple crews and equipment as well as planning and executing the assigned work and tasks.
*The General Foreman is also responsible to supervise and assist in the proper maintenance, preparation and operation of all tools and equipment including hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, and aerial lifts.
*The General Foreman position operates as part of a crew with supporting Crew Foreman, Groundmen and Trimmer/Climber.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Driver’s license required. Commercial driver’s license preferred and may be required, depending on job requirements
• Certificates and Licenses
• Pesticide license, if required by state law
• Herbicide license a plus
• Line clearance certification if working near utility transmission lines
• ISA Certified Tree Worker certification or willingness to obtain
• Electric utility tree trimming/climbing experience preferred
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Paid Time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
- Charitable matching gift program
*all listed benefits available to eligible employees
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Full time hourly position. Compensation based on qualifications and experience. Davey Tree offers competitive wages, excellent benefits and full-time position includes option to buy company stock after one year. Access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses. Pre-employment Drug Screen, E-verify Social Security Number verification, and criminal background check required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and Davey Tree Surgery are Equal Opportunity Employers. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
- If you need assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.