Summary: The Retail Manager provides leadership, creativity, and enthusiasm to drive an exceptional customer experience. You will support the CEO in implementing a high-quality work environment that establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships that always exceed the customer's expectations.
• Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by greeting and acknowledging every customer, exchanging names, and going above and beyond to establish a memorable shopping experience.
• Provide training and coaching for associates to ensure they have the sales skills and product knowledge to provide a consistent, exceptional customer experience.
• Create appropriate associate schedules based on business needs and payroll.
• Exercise sound judgment in decision making regarding expenditures and how it relates to profit and loss.
• Create merchandise presentations, and ensure signing is current and displayed properly.
• Attend appropriate trade shows and secure new and unique plant material and marketing ideas.
• Candidates must be sales driven and have a passion for horticulture, yard/home décor, and seasonal merchandise.
• Minimum of 3 years in a retail sales managerial position
• Documentable horticulture knowledge
• Exceptionally cheerful, positive, and outgoing personality
• Great organizational and problem-solving skills
• Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
• Computer proficient
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org