Additional Locations: Stillwater, OK
Primary Locations: OK, Oklahoma City, 7721 NW 10th St. Suite C, 73127
Requisition ID: 172575
We are currently looking to add a dynamic utility foreperson/foreman to our passionate team of utility line clearance professionals. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a 2-5 person tree crew in performing all aspects of tree pruning and removal services safely and skillfully for major electric utility providers. Including but not limited to:
- Pruning treetops, repairing damaged trees by trimming or removal
- Removing broken limbs from utility lines, roofs, and other objects
- Application of tree identification knowledge and industry pruning guidelines
- Perform job-site inspections with proper planning and execution of assigned work and tasks
- Properly maintain, prepare and operate all tools and equipment including, chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts and more
- Mentor and train new employees
- How high you grow depends on you!
What We’re Seeking:
- Love of the outdoors
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree Trimmer Orientation Program upon hire
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Required: line clearance experience or other related tree work
- Required: Valid driver’s license
- Preferred: Commercial Driver’s License-Class A or B with Airbrake Endorsement
- Preferred: Relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates, if required by state law
- Preferred: ISA Certified Arborist®, ISA Certified Tree Worker®, and/or TCIA Certified Tree Care Safety Professional®
What We Offer: *
- Progressive advancement in job classification and wage
- Benefits through union agreement including health insurance and pension
- Opportunity to travel
- Opportunity for overtime work
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options
- Employee referral bonus program
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Charitable matching gift program
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee-owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchanging of ideas, community partnership, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Surgery Company is a subsidiary of The Davey Tree Expert Company and provides a full range of utility tree care services and is based in Livermore, Calif. Davey Tree has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%