SavATree in Hillsboro, OR is seeking a Fleet Maintenance Mechanic to start immediately!
SavATree is a premier tree, shrub and lawn care company with 60 branches across 22 states. At SavATree, we diagnose and treat issues on residential and commercial properties while ensuring the long term health and well-being of the landscapes we service. SavATree is committed to providing high quality work to our clients in an ethical manner.
What a day is like:
Your focus will be to ensure that all equipment and vehicles are ready and working as needed through proper completion of repairs and maintenance. You’ll accomplish this by communicating and coordinating major repairs and maintenance with Managers, as well as listening to specialists and reading Vehicle Inspection Reports and prioritizing your work. You’ll be responsible for ordering and receiving parts and supplies, as well as the proper completion of paperwork for the office and vendors. Whenever possible, you’ll train field specialists on equipment maintenance and vehicle operations. You’ll do it all while maintaining a safe and orderly work environment in the Shop and in the Yard.
What kind of person are we looking for? Someone with:
- A desire for job stability, security and quality work. Our fleet will always have the need to be maintained by mechanics who desire and take pride in caring for their own fleet and equipment.
- Small engine repair experience
- Two-stroke engine repair knowledge
- Diesel engine repair and maintenance experience
- Experience operating and maintaining aerial lifts (bucket) trucks
- Experience with spray equipment, tanks and pumps
- Your own basic tools for engine repair and maintenance
- Ability to read and comprehend instruction manuals and diagnostic charts for purpose of learning and troubleshooting and analyze repair of a mechanical or electrical nature
- Valid Driver’s license required, CDL preferred
- ASE certification a plus
Why you might love working here:
- Very competitive compensation
- Full medical benefits to include health, vision, and dental
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(K) Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
SavATree is an equal opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace