Our growing company is looking for a professional and dynamic Financial Analyst. In this mid-level position, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for Yellowstone Landscape’s branch financial reporting, job costing functions, job cost reporting, cost-to-complete analysis and revenue recognition accounting.
Yellowstone Landscape is a professional horticultural organization dedicated to creating premier properties and building lasting relationships throughout Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Texas, Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico. To learn more, please visit our website: www.yellowstonelandscape.com.
- Prepare and analyze periodic labor, job cost and financial reports.
- Conduct variance and trend analysis.
- Examine and review job cost records including, but not limited to, time sheets, work proposals, purchase orders, and billing invoices.
- Participate in the monthly financial performance reviews of each branch location.
- Analyze expenses and prepare expense analysis for the Regional Vice President of Operations review.
- Work with field managers to review accuracy of charges and project completion, including percentage completion accounting.
- Audit system entry of the above job cost records and ensure the cost data is processed accurately and timely.
- Determine the information that needs to be reported, develop and distribute the reports.
- Report, weekly and monthly, to operations on budget versus actual costs and profitability.
- Analyze and make necessary adjustments for recognition of revenue on both installation and maintenance projects.
- Prepare and maintain cost estimates for materials and services to be delivered in the execution of maintenance contracts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent.
- Three plus years related experience in a professional office setting preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Solid communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Sound deductive reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff in the organization.
- Proactive with the willingness to adapt to change.
- Positive, optimistic and ambitious.
- The ability for overnight travel to Branch locations 1-2 weeks per month.
Yellowstone Landscape offers a competitive salary along with a full benefit plan including medical, dental, 401K with a company match, and PTO.