Requisition Number: 50688
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1ENV – DRG Environmental Consulting
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: 3 – 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 100%
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, Inc., has opportunities for an experienced Environmental Scientist/ Restoration Specialist. DRG is a leader in the natural resource and forestry consulting industries throughout the US.
DUTIES: Primary duties will be to serve as a team leader for restoration crews implementing ecosystem restoration and maintenance projects throughout Indiana. Project activities may include, but are not limited to, performing prescribed burns, invasive species control using both mechanical and chemical means, installation of bioengineering and erosion control practices, tree planting, and native seeding/plug installation. This role will require an efficient and skilled communicator to work with project managers in the planning, implementation, and long-term management of multiple restoration projects.
Restoration crew oversight will include leadership of daily crew mobilization, work planning, enforcement of DRG safety policies and protocols, and quality control of field work being performed by crews. A high level of personal accountability, motivation, and communication will be a key performance indicator for this position. An experienced environmental scientist/restoration specialist must be able to represent DRG and clients at professional meetings and effectively communicate ideas, technical information, and industry intelligence as appropriate.
Education and Qualifications:
- Two-to-four-year degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Botany, Ecology, Forestry, Horticulture, Hydrology, Soil Science, or a related discipline or equivalent experience in similar position (Master’s degree or advanced education may be required on a project basis)
- Experience leading restoration field crews
- Experience working in a wide range of habitats, both natural and disturbed, and assessing their condition, health and functionality according to client specifications.
- Ability to identify both native and non-native botanical species, understand their typical characteristics, and recognize common diseases and pests.
- Driver’s license and clean driving record are required, ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) will be required
- Natural resource consulting and/or restoration experience required
- Working knowledge regarding safe use of herbicides and equipment typically used in ecosystem restoration work
- Indiana Certified Pesticide Applicator or ability to gain certification required
- Ability and willingness to travel
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at email@example.com.