Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne. This position is available at our Burnco Landscape Center in Saskatoon.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Develops project specifications with system designers
- Sells company products and services in an assigned territory to end-users, design/build contractors, and distributors
- Provides direction and support to the service technicians
- Conducts product demonstrations for potential customers
- Prepares project equipment and pricing proposals
- Provides initial controller programming instruction and organizes the initial software training for customers
- Maintains and updates all project files on a quarterly basis
Skills We Are Seeking
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Computer skills – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Knowledge of sales management and managing personnel
- Strong knowledge of nursery products
- Must have a positive attitude
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires four plus years outside sales and specification experience in the landscape / irrigation industry
- Experience in landscape architecture
- Must possess demonstrated sales and marketing skills and knowledge of relevant technologies (i.e. Global Positioning Systems, guidance sensors, remote sensing, irrigation, and other automation forms)
- Knowledge of computerized central irrigation control systems and prefabricated pump stations
- Possess knowledge of landscape / irrigation products and practices and be able to understand and perform calculations from landscape / irrigation designs
- Self-starter with proficiency in MS Office and excellent communication and presentation skills
- 401k with company match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- Company-paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Product Discounts
- Competitive Compensation
- Opportunities for advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.