Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
To supervise employees’ and fleet, assign, review and participate in the work of department responsible for executing the delivery service to both internal and external customers. To ensure adherence to established goals, budget, policies and procedures; to coordinate and implement all in-house training activities for direct reports; and to perform the more technical and complex tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
KEY FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- Supervises the execution of departmental plans to achieve objectives in safety, quality, schedule, efficiency and continuous improvement. Assign, review and participate in the work of dispatch with team; monitor phone and radio traffic to ensure word class service, procedural compliance and efficiency; conduct quality assurance feedback and coaching sessions with assigned employees at regular intervals.
- Communicate with the customers, subordinates, peers, supervisors; interpret, explain and answer operational and procedural questions, handle complaints/concerns from customers, employees and safety department; complete notifications to appropriate person
- Operate and monitor sophisticated communications systems: Computer Aided Dispatch and Radio System; initially troubleshoot issues and report appropriate failure to the correct person(s).
- Assess employees’ compliance with procedure, assist in development of employee skills and abilities by providing constructive criticism, recognition and corrective action when necessary; conduct quality assurance feedback and coaching sessions with assigned employees at regular intervals; provide both verbal and written feedback involving the discipline process.
- Assist new and existing employees in their on-boarding training, briefing on policy and procedure.
- Review statistical data which outlines MSA and employee performance; adjust schedules (breaks/lunch) as necessary to achieve performance goals.
- Coordinates departmental continuous improvement plans and activities. Manages and controls costs to stay within the department operating budget targets. Resolves various systems, parts, people or process issues to correct deficiencies, reduce costs, improve processes/performance
- Prepare and complete analytical and statistical reports and memos as required. Prepare copies of recordings as directed.
- Remain current on job specific procedures through attending training courses in order to apply appropriate methodologies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Skills We Are Seeking
- Degree in a Business/Management discipline or equivalent experience. – University Degree (4 years or equivalent)
- Experience with shop floor manufacturing, incentive pay systems such as CIPP (Continuous Improvement Pay Plan) and work measurement. – Less than 1 year
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting and scheduling. – Less than 1 year
- Work experience in a team environment. – 1 – 3 years
- Understanding of employee policies, practices, procedures and work rules appropriate for the unit. – Has a general understanding of the principles and uses the knowledge with assistance.
- Understanding of operations. – Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and factory operations. – Has a general understanding of the principles and uses the knowledge with assistance.
- Knowledge of products, customers, markets and competitors. – Has a general understanding of the principles and uses the knowledge with assistance.
- Understanding of Production System, Lean Manufacturing, Just-in- Time, Kanban, Demand Flow Technology. – Has a general understanding of the principles and uses the knowledge with assistance.
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for Advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.