· Represents a professional image with all crew members, by maintaining proper employee actions, and through the use of approved USL uniform
· Able to respond properly to the Customer and follows up to make sure their needs have been completed to their satisfaction.
· Able to recognize when they do not have the answer for the Customer and let them know they will find out or get the Owner/Manager involved.
· Keeps the Owner/Manager aware of all Customer concerns and communication on the job site.
· Maintains positive, responsive and flexible attitude to all Customer.
· Inspects site and advises Customer of potential liabilities.
· Schedules workload for crew members on their crew in the afternoon prior to the next work day.
· Prepares and secures all materials, tools and equipment at the end of the day for the next day’s schedule.
· Able to assign tasks to crew members and follow up to make sure that work was completed properly.
· Insures that all crew members report to work on time and follow all company rules and procedures. Takes appropriate disciplinary actions as necessary.
· Able to certify crews in the Gardener Training Series.
· Trains crew members through the use of Job Hours Tracking and Job Sequencing.
· Able to cross train crew members in the performance of Crew Leader’s role for future growth
· Can effectively communicate in English and/or Spanish what is to be learned.
· Able to evaluate the performance of the crew. ??
· Able to assist owner/manager in a performance review for crew members.
· Able to monitor goals based on evaluation process.
· Maintains and promotes safe working conditions in the field at all times
· Follows company procedures on discipline if any safety rules are broken.
· Have zero preventable accidents due to not following the company safety rules.
· Maintains clean, neat and professional image of service vehicle & trailer
· Ensures all assigned equipment, tools, safety items, vehicles & trailers or other items are maintained in proper working order by following proper maintenance and inventory schedules.
· Is accountable for neglect and abuse of assigned equipment
· Develop understanding of the Quality Control Inspection Form and implements on a regular basis as directed by owner/manager.
· Able to maintain all jobs to pricing specifications.
· Maintain Customer satisfaction to ensure jobs are renewed.
· Maintain a punch list with priorities on it to aid in making schedules.
·Keeps owner/manager aware irrigation repairs needed.
Office and Administration
· Able to read and write
· Can organize and implement work schedule.
· Responsible for the following forms and procedures:
– Accident Kit
– Equipment Inventory Form
– Equipment Service Calendar
– Equipment Repair/Request
– Landscape Management Report
– Vehicle Safety Inspection
– Spray Request
– Trailer Safety Inspection Form
· Recommended to possess a valid State driver’s license appropriate to the class and capability of the vehicle(s) that they are assigned to operate and driving record must meet company standards as well as the State requirements where the vehicle is driven.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; may read and interpret data, information and documents; observe and respond to people and situations; learn and apply new information or skills; work under deadlines; and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job family chart. They are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees in this job family series.