Content Marketing Specialist
Looking for a place where you can thrive?
SavATree’s mission is to take our passion for nature and keep this country’s outdoors beautiful and flourishing. Through our comprehensive tree, shrub, and lawn care we work hard to make sure our customers have attractive, healthy and cared-for green spaces to enjoy. Over the last thirty years, we have opened new offices across the country, and we are looking for people who want to grow with us.
This position creates content that is the rocket fuel for the marketing machine! The Content Marketing Specialist writes everything from compelling calls to action and headlines to in-depth, well researched articles for our newsletter, and everything in between, especially web copy. Our business is seasonal, and our reach is national, so our content needs are multi-faceted, with no two projects being the same! The SavATree marketing team is a close knit, high functioning, highly collaborative group of professionals that support each other in their professional pursuits. That’s why we often say that when you work here, you thrive here.
What a day is like:
The Content Specialist meets with other team members and reviews the national marketing calendar to determine the order of priority for writing projects. A typical day might include crafting an email for a specific seasonal service, incorporating edits that have come back from a service line director into a newsletter (which you will publish 2x per year, paper and digital), tracking reach of a recent press release, downloading and archiving photos sent in from the field, attending a strategy session, and some Excel work. If you like a quick pace and lots of variety with a great group of people, this might be for you.
What kind of person are we looking for? Someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism.
- Proven writing ability, with samples available
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in a position that involves writing, preferably for print & digital
- Competency in WordPress
- Interest in providing new approaches to marketing challenges, and learning new things
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Team player and natural collaborator
- Tolerance for ambiguity and flexibility to changing projects and priorities
Why you might love working here:
- You’ll work alongside an energetic team that works hard and plays hard
- We’re growing as an organization and position offers growth potential for the individual
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including health, vision and dental, paid time off and paid holidays, 401(k) savings plan, Employee Assistance Program, continuing education reimbursement, and more
SavATree is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace