Requisition Number: 35914
Company Name: Davey Tree Expert Company
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
The Davey Resource Group Inc
POSITION: Utility Vegetation Management Forester
STARTING DATE: Immediately. Resumes accepted until suitable candidate is selected.
The Davey Resource Group (DRG) is currently hiring arborists, foresters, horticulturalists, natural resource specialists, plant and outdoor enthusiasts to join our workforce.
POSITION LOCATIONS: Oklahoma City, OK
* Work with major gas/electric utility system and address its forestry needs
* Inspect and assess the rights of way for vegetation requiring pruning or removal to avoid conflicts with overhead conductors
* Identify tree and brush control work and enter data into hand-held computer
* Notify landowners of impending compliance or reliability work
* Discuss and negotiate incompatible vegetation removals
* Assess terrain, habitat, and environmental conditions
* Coordinate with project managers, planners, and vegetation crews
* Four year degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, environmental science, natural resources or related discipline preferred
* Organizational skills, excellent communication skills, and attention to detail
* Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather
* Clean DMV driving record and ability to drive and operate a 4×4 vehicle
* Utility right of way vegetation management experience preferred
* Ability to identify local tree species and knowledge of growth rates preferred
* International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certified arborist preferred
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Pay rates based on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, incentive programs, excellent benefits and F/T positions include option to buy Company stock after 1yr, access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are employee owned and are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Davey’s website for additional job opportunities and company information.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at email@example.com.