Position: Commercial Landscaping Internship – Spring/Summer 2020
Davey Tree Commercial Landscape Services
The Davey Tree Expert Company is looking for exceptional students who are interested in expanding their field experience in the areas of Landscaping, Irrigation, Tree Care, Plant Health Care, Sales and Client Services.
Flexible – We are currently looking for Internship candidates for Spring/Summer, 2020
- Gaithersburg, MD
Introduce career-oriented students to exceptional opportunities in the industry including landscape design and installation, irrigation, and enhancement, tree care, tree climbing, plant health care and customer service and sales Internships in each division may vary in length depending on availability. Interns will be assigned a manager who will mentor them through a variety of job experiences within the industry. Throughout your experience, you will work on residential and commercial properties and in an office setting.
- Studying Arboriculture, Urban Forestry, Horticulture, Landscape Design, Forestry or related discipline
- Driver’s license required. Commercial driver’s license highly valuable
40-50 hours per week; Monday – Friday with some Saturdays
EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Must have enthusiasm for proper plant care, landscaping and arboriculture
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Demonstrated ability to report for work regularly and punctually
- Collaboration and communication skills
EXPERIENCE WE OFFER:
- Over 100 years of service gives you job security
- National reputation for Stewardship and Excellence
- Promotes ambitious, team-focused experts quickly and focuses on continuing education
- Commitment to safety: Interns will work towards completing a Career Development Program booklet as assigned by their mentor
- Opportunity to apply for Davey Scholarship and develop your career
- Housing support may be available
- Access to industry related training materials
- Opportunity to work outdoors and gain valuable industry experience
- Work in and around beautiful Gaithersburg, Maryland. Surrounded by lakes, trails and parks, this area is a playground for the outdoor enthusiast! Or visit the nation’s Capital, less than an hour away. This isn’t just an opportunity to get more work experience, it’s also an opportunity to get more life experience!
- Competitive & Negotiable
Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state, or local law.
Visit www.jobs.davey.com to search for Davey jobs all over the country!
If you need any assistance at any time, please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.