Business Development role is to work closely with commercial contacts and clients throughout the sales process and is able to generate new business. Foster a successful relationship endearing the client to ECL. Consultant will handle any inquires produced by the client, investigate the issue and provide the necessary feedback. Work hard to network and negotiate with potential clients about their orders, generating revenue for the company.
Consultant processes client orders in a timely manner, ensuring the clients approval. Work closely with other departments and teams, such as estimators, accounting and marketing. Consultant also uses sales applications to update client information and requests, often scheduling appointments with designers. Will travel to client locations when needed.
- Attend sales meetings, conferences and events
- Handle clients in a professional manner
- Deal with client issues
- Process client orders
- Keep up to date with product developments
- Call clientele
- Devise new sales or marketing strategies
- Work with other departments and be a team player
- Schedule appointments, calls, and meetings
- Education in Landscape Industry – Growth and Development
- Self motivate your thoughts and visions of the added value you bring to ECL
This position reports to the President.
Background, Experience and Knowledge:
- Sales experience in Commercial Design/Build or Bid Build
- Organization and time management
- Superior written and verbal communication
- Client relations and communication
- Computer software including Microsoft Office/Word/Excel/Outlook, and Include/Asset proficiencies
- Sales / sales relationship management
- Working knowledge of P & L Statements
- 2-5 years experience in commercial landscape sales.
Personal Traits – This Consultant:
- Does homework before making a proposal to management
- Understands higher management values, how management operates, and how they see things
- Links responsibilities with the mission of the whole organization
- Has a pleasant disposition
- Shows interest in the needs, hopes, and dreams of other people
- Can handle criticism and critiques from peers with poise
- When working with peers from other functions or units, gains their cooperation and support
- Quickly masters new vocabulary and operating rules needed to understand how the business works
- Masters new work unit knowledge necessary to understand how the business works
- Uses effective listening skills to gain clarification from others
- Learns from the corrective actions taken from mistakes of management
- Dependability and trustworthiness
- Has an even temperament. Acceptance of unavoidable tension and pressure
- Accepts change as positive
- Self motivated
- Passionate about the sales industry
- Superior expertise in sales
- Quality customer service expertise
- Possess creative and innovative sales ideas
- Possess first-class time and project management capabilities
- Able to do extremely well at internet and web marketing
- Have a record of accomplishments
- Be able to absorb information in a timely manner
- Be able to network and negotiate
- Ed Castro Landscape is an E-verify Employer providing a Drug Free work environment.
- The Consultant will show willingness and capability of continuing education through workshops, classes, and professional memberships.
- Applicants must have good job references and a proven history of solid work ethics.
- Competitive compensation and full benefits commensurate with experience.
- Pay will commensurate with experience. Ed Castro Landscape offers a competitive salary coupled with a full benefits package.