Requisition Number: 89147
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1RES – Kent-Residential & Commercial Services
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: 3 – 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
The Davey Tree Expert Company has an opportunity as a Climbing Arborist Foreman/Tree Crew Leader in our Residential & Commercial Division, in San Diego, CA. Davey Tree is a leader in the Residential-Commercial tree care, Utility Line Clearance and Forestry Consulting industries, throughout the US and Canada.
Position requires leading 3-5 person tree crews to complete tree pruning and tree removal. Foreman are responsible for utilizing the Job Planning Toolkit to safely and efficiently complete work orders as assigned by management. This includes performing pre-climb inspections of trees before work begins. Foreman works directly with the District Manager to mentor and train new employees.
- An ideal candidate will have 4+ years’ climbing experience
- Experience pruning to ANSI A300 standards.
- Comfortable climbing on Split Tail Double Rope Technique (DRT) system
- Ability to set a tie-in-point utilizing Throwball and Throwline
- Proficiency tying Climbing Hitches, Termination Knots, & Rigging Knots
- Dedication to safe chainsaw operation and maintenance
- Prior experience with Sectional Tree Removal utilizing techniques to minimize Dynamic Loads
- Prior experience felling with open-faced notch, hinge wood, and back cut for directional control
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Strong leadership skills: crew management, mentoring and training
VALUABLE QUALIFICATIONS, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- CTW-Climber Specialist, Certified Arborist, and/or CTSP
- Class B CDL (Commerical Driver’s License)
- California QAL
- Aerial Lift Experience
- Crane Experience
- Skid-steerMini Skid-steer experience
- Full time hourly position (compensation based on qualifications and experience)
- Potential for overtime
- Generous performance incentive plan
- Excellent benefits offered
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Paid time off vacation, Holiday Pay, Sick leave
- 401K retirement plan, the opportunity to buy Davey stock after 1 year
- Employee referral bonus program
- All climbing gear and PPE provided
- Industry related training and special Davey training courses
- Reimbursement is available for industry related certifications
- Management mentoring program available – Davey Institute of Tree Sciences (D.I.T.S.)
*for qualified employees
NOTE: That this position and scope of duties are aligned with Davey’s Residential Tree Care Division and NOT with Utility/Line Clearance, or the union. Overtime is often available for this/Residential positions, however a per diem is NOT offered for this position.
Required: Pre-employment Drug Screen, E-verify Social Security Number verification, and a criminal background check are required.
Full time hourly position. Compensation based on qualifications and experience. Davey Tree offers competitive wages, excellent benefits and full-time position includes option to buy company stock after one year. Access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses. The Davey Tree Expert Company and Davey Tree Surgery are Equal Opportunity Employers. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law. The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at WesternRegionJobs@davey.com