Requisition Number: 83889
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1RES – Kent-Residential & Commercial Services
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: 1 – 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
CDL-Driver/Tree Crew Worker | Portland, OR
The Davey Tree Expert Company is seeking a CDL Driver/Tree Crew worker to join our Residential & Commercial Tree Care team in Portland, OR.
A requirement of this position is possessing a valid Commercial Driver’s License B or A, and the desire to learn about arboriculture, while working in the Groundsman role. Those with prior experience in Arboriculture, Forestry, Landscape, Lawn Care, Construction or working at height are encouraged to apply.
- Function as a member of a tree crew while progressively learning new skills
- Operate Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner: Clean, maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment, in accordance with company policies
- Make satisfactory progress in Davey’s Career Development Program
- Operate chainsaws, chippers, stump grinders, and other equipment as needed on job-sites
- Utilize ropes for work positioning at heights up to 60 feet, while pruning or removing trees
- Maintain issued personal gear, crew gear, and equipment
- Learn tree Identification and ANSI A300 Pruning guidelines
- Valid Driver’s License
- Hold Commercial Driver’s License ( B)
- Background in Arboriculture, Forestry, Landscaping, or working at heights is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to report for work regularly and punctually
- Willingness to work outdoors during a variety of weather conditions
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Full time hourly position (compensation based on qualifications and experience)
- Potential for overtime
- Professional Development & growth opportunities
- Generous performance incentive plan
- Excellent benefits offered
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401K retirement plan, the opportunity to buy Davey stock after 1 year
- Employee referral bonus program
- All gear and PPE provided
- Industry related training and special Davey training courses
- Management mentoring program offered
Pre-employment Drug Screen, E-verify/Social Security Number Verification and Criminal Background Check are required.
The Davey Tree Expert Company and Davey Tree Surgery are Equal Opportunity Employers. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply. Full time hourly position and compensation based on qualifications and experience. Davey offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, advancement opportunities and option to buy Company stock after 1 year of employment, plus access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.